“We think you’ll find that every woman in her heart of hearts longs for three things: to be romanced, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and to unveil beauty. That’s what makes a woman come alive.”
~ John Eldredge
I’ve known Christian Hudson for at least a decade now, and I’m not sure there is a guy who has gotten more out of this community – nor given more back – than he.
Christian is living the dream: beautiful girlfriend, amazing home in LA, adventurous lifestyle, deeply intelligent, very generous…he has it all, and he’s more than willing to share it too.
In this interview, we discuss:
- His recent trek to the top of Mt Rainier
- His upcoming climb of Mont Blanc, with his girlfriend
- How the community has changed in the last 10 years
- The traits, or characteristics, that every guy should develop
- Why adventure is so important to him, and to men in general
- Where adventure and attraction intersect
- His truly great business: The Social Man, and what you can learn from him
Christian references the quote at the top of the page in this talk, and I’ve linked to a few of John Eldredge’s books in the show notes below.
If the quote though is true, it begs the question: are you the leading man in a great adventure?
As you will see, Christian is actively living this question and I hope that by listening to our conversation, you will be inspired to do the same.
- John Eldredge: Wild at Heart
- Will & Ariel Durant: The Lessons of History
- Alexandre Dumas: The Count of Monte Cristo
- Alfred Lansing: Endurance
- Christopher McDougall: Natural Born Heroes
- Eliyahu M. Goldratt: The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
- Ken Wilber: A Brief History of Everything
- Jim Whittaker: A Life on the Edge
- Michael A. Singer: The Surrender Experiment
Thanks for listening!
PS – I would love it if you would leave an honest review on iTunes (particularly if it’s a good one!). Reviews help the show get more noticed and helps spread the good news to more and more guys out there. Please click here to leave a review.