It seems to be black or white.
People either love the pick-up community, or they loathe it.
They either feel it is every man’s right, or that it is morally decrepit.
I, for one, know a lot of people not of the community, and have found that there is a viable way to communicate with them about it.
To describe my exploits and affairs in LA might not be the correct MO, but to discuss what is positive about it can be challenging.
To the dismay of many, yes, some of the skills from Neil’s book “The Game” WILL help a guy meet women and improve his dating life.
And, some of these gimmicks are just weird…
I decided long ago, with my business Lifestyle Arts, it would not be about picking-up women.
My purpose, rather, is to extract what was positive and helpful about “the game”, and teach that. Thus, my philosophy about lifestyle, social circle and social skills emerged.
Armed with a solid understanding of each of these, a man is completely unstoppable.
Someone asked me recently for a list of what I did extract from the community. Well, I thought about it, and decided to make a list of 10 things that I (and now, you) took from the community – 10 helpful skills that are applicable in real life, and that won’t turn you into the strange nerdy guy trying to run routines on your friends….
These 10 are:
1) Engage – IOW, how to begin a conversation in any/all environments
2) Flirt – much bigger than just C&F, this is a spontaneous skill that is tough to master
3) Storytelling – the easiest of the skills to learn, but it involves really understanding the importance of bringing another into your world, and how to do that effectively
4) Baiting – the hardest skill of all…and the one I only teach privately…
5) Connecting – pretty simple, yet massively overlooked – do you get flaked on? If so, here is where you need to work
6) Complimenting – it is really a sub-skill to connecting, but this skill is all about paying attention – and not to her breast size
7) Style/Fashion – there is massive value in having a personal style, one that works for your personality, body type and lifestyle – not easy to master at all – how can you look your best in any/all situations?
8) Lifestyle – how do you spend your time? affirming the negative or the positive about life and about you?
9) Escalating – this one always gets guys’ attention, as it involves being physical & smooth…
10) Leading – the one reserved for the real masters, as it is not about knowing what to say and when, but is really about living with autonomy – which takes most guys YEARS to really understand…
You will notice that the above list is linked to various articles on this blog – all focused on that specific social skill, and discussed in a way which I hope you can learn from and employ in your social life to meet women, have fun and improve your dating life.
Up first is “Engage”. So, how do you begin a conversation in any/all environments in a comfortable and smooth way?
It’s all about “context”…let’s get started then shall we?